OxBlog

Wednesday, March 17, 2004

# Posted 12:07 PM by Patrick Belton  

I HAD BEEN EXPECTING somewhat in vain a Saint Patrick's extravaganza on Google this morning, but I am proud however to note that www.google.ie delivers quite satisfactorily. Many thanks, Google; and Tá an t-ádh orm inniu - I'm indeed feeling quite lucky today.

Speaking of Saint Patrick's extravaganzas, The Irish Times provides admirable coverage of Dublin's St Patrick's Day festival, which this year invited entries inspired by the concept "glorious." In Galway, a city I nurse warm feelings toward, today's parade will be a re-enactment of the Battle of Knockdoe, fought 500 years ago this year. And the Taoiseach joined Manchester's Irish community this afternoon to open the parade in that city. (The Irish community of Oxfordshire, I should note, will incidentally be congregating tonight in the OxBlog branch office at 109 Rawlinson Road.)
(0) opinions -- Add your opinion

Comments: Post a Comment


Home